Wednesday, October 22, 2008

'Spotless?' Food

I'm currently staying at one of the hall of residences of my university which is RnR Hall, Rochester n Rutherford Hall. Rutherford! Yes. Ernest Rutherford - The 1908 Noble Prize (Chemistry) Laureate who has indeed helped us gain new insight on the model of an atom. Surprisingly, he was born in Nelson, New Zealand and he was a graduate of the University of Canterbury. I reckon this hall is named after him. This hall indeed is the famous on-campus hall which is located just opposite the university and it's the cheapest catered hall. What special about this hall? The residents here are indeed "awesome", parties held almost every night and I think it's the noisiest hall where "Quiet Hours" are not practiced at all. So ridiculous, feeling a bit regret staying here. There're only about 6 non-Kiwis staying here (out of 168 Kiwis). So, no doubt this is the Kiwis territory where they are the dominance!

Ok, what special about the title 'Spotless' Food. This type of food can only be found in this hall. The catering service is managed by an outside company called Spotless. I've no idea why they're called such a weird name. Is it because their food is Spotless or their service is spotless. But, after eating the meals served by the Spotless, I think they should just cancel the "-less". There're too many unfavourable spots found in the food served, not because the food is dirty or unhealthy, it's because the food here "konon-nya" is the best food but actually 50% of the food is terrible, terrible than the Western Food available in Malaysia. However, there're lots of nice food served here also. I've collected heaps of photos of the food served here and ranked them according to a scheme introduced by a nice guy staying here also. Generally, the food here can be classified into 3 types, Human food, Doggy food and Piggy food.. I don't want to mention more on what do I mean by the Doggy Food and Piggy Food. After looking at the photos below, you'll know the answer already.

Human Food(BEST DISHES - The best among the catered Halls):





































Doggy Food:
























Piggy Food (except for the nice cheese cake):
































How's the food? Look Nice? I've been eating these for 8 months since I came here. But, next year, all of us here are going to move out and say goodbye to the 'Nice' meals here.

3 comments:

Yferic said...

Wah, wat are the piggy food that you want them to be in the human food list? Tell me so tht i can change it ma, coz the lists I proposed were all based on my personal opinions.

Unknown said...

I would say lamb chop is one of the worst food. It shd b 1 of the piggy food. Meat ball isn't rily nice too..

Yferic said...

Thx for your comments. I've changed their positions d.. Thx a lot..