Monday, October 20, 2008

After 8 months...



One week before engineering intermediate year final exam, the feeling of anxiety and happiness keep appearing in my mind, but, why happy, coz finally, after 8 months of staying in a far away land from home, i can go back home in 3 weeks time.. No doubt, i miss Malaysia a lot especially the people and the food there and here, nothing special except for the peacefulness and the awesome scenery. A lot to complain for the past 8 months and maybe for the coming 3 years of pro study. "Spoon'n'fork" food has become my everyday meals, cant escape from it and the awaiting Chinese food is becoming a reality soon... However, i cant say tht the food here is not nice, it's indeed nice and actually I've known lots of Western meals which, in Malaysia, considered expensive restaurant Western food, the variety of Western food really attracts me, but too high Calories; doesn't suit me. Growing fat is a norm here, but constant exercise would be favourable.

Intermediate year has been a really challenging year for me as a fresh undergraduate from oversea, struggling to adapt to the "drinking" culture while coping with the new environment of study. Finally, lectures have finished d and all assignments have been completed successfully. The teaching technique here is far more relaxing compared to my hometown, no grandmother theories and the "cruel" memorization of academic stuff, here, lecture is only 50mins and there're lots of time for us to study by ourselves and gain inputs from outside rather than just sitting in the lecture hall daydreaming early in the morning, feeling sleepy all the time. I've indeed learned a lot from the Kiwis but their typical activity is 'drink and chat' and 'drink and chat', nonstop, wonder how can their liver support so much alcohol? But no doubt, their outdoor activities are really healthy, sports esp rugby is their favourite.

Besides, the gardens here are indeed breathtaking and full of flowers esp in spring now..Spring here has been a wonderful season throughout the year, although it falls in the period of september till november which is opposite to the Northern hemisphere, Spring here actually favours the students very much and the temperature really helps the students as it falls in the exam period. Compared to Malaysia, the hot sun really makes me feel headache esp during exam period. Thinking back when I was in malaysia sitting for SPM, the weather there really killed my mood of answering the questions, sweating and sweating, finishing the grueling paper. But luckily, my school hall - exam hall, has air-cond, but the problem is, not all exams were held in the air-cond hall, haih...

After 8 months of studying, finally, IT'S OVER, now, preparing for the coming exam, hope everthing's fine...

2 comments:

Desmonde d'Crinoline said...

Hi Yi Feng, how ya? Thanks for dropping me a msg.. long long time we never chat. It's ady 8 months? i guess it's more than that...around 1 year? lolz. Life's here never been easy ...as expected. Still, it's interesting to learn so many things in few months time.. Janice is doing fine, thanks for your concern ^^... hows Christine by the way? I m sure you met a lot of KIWI coursemates... NZ is a nic place to study... i m sure you have lots of stories to share regarding the KIWI.... i heard quite a lot from my English teacher here..^^...she used to study at NZ...hows study>
miss penang miss everything rite? i can feel that...me too. living abroad will never be the same..the sense of homesick...sometimes just being evoked...n leading us to log into friendster/facebook...watching some photos...to refresh the memories of the olden days...now everything, everyone has gone..what remains are the indelible smile printed the digitized media.... n of course, our memories... ppl mountain ppl sea, it's either soaring high or dive deep down into the sea...ppl fly ppl go/...aiks..so sad...
who asked us to be a pisces? lolz...
anyway, hope you are doing well, you can always do it, i have my strong faith on you fren!~ i'll b back somewhere around end of nov...till early december...hope can catch up wif u by then~ take care ya fren!~

Yferic said...

Oh, thx a lot for replying, I thought nobody would leave a comment in my blog. Yea, long time we never chat d. Erm, 8 months from the time I left Malaysia. Yup. I know some Kiwis but not many, I cant really know them very well especially the ones in my hall coz they're too extreme and I dont quite like them drinking all the time. They like to drink, getting drunk and having parties almost every day. Study here is fantastic, the nice weather plus the serene environment help me concentrate in my studies. But, no doubt, sometimes it'd be very boring. No large shopping malls and this place lacks entertainment like in Malaysia. Btw,could you adapt to the surrounding there? Thx for giving me support and I hope you can do your very best in your studies. I'm going back in 3 weeks time and when you've gone back home, rmb to gimme a yell and probably we can meet somewhere and have a nice long chat. take care my fren!!