Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kek Lok Si temple during CNY

Below are some photos of the magnificent temple and how beautiful the temple is when the whole temple is lighted up for 33 days since the 21st of January..I went there on the second day of the Chinese New Year and managed to capture lots of photos and you know what, I saw our beloved Chief Minister with his family.. The whole temple was so crowded with visitors and the scenery was indeed breathtaking and amazing. The glittering pagoda and the grand Kuan Yin pavilion could be seen some kilometers away just like a huge palace situated on the hill..230,000 light bulbs and 10,000 lanterns were lit in conjunction with the Chinese New Year celebration and thousands of visitors including devotees thronged the whole place, praying for peace and good luck as well as snapping photos for remembrance...






















Lim Guan Eng and his family

2 comments:

Desmonde d'Crinoline said...

hey fren! you may take the photo if u like i am alrite no worries!

I will be back in May...early may to mid may...free to meet up?

hows life there? really gonna share a lot of stuffs ooh!

Yferic said...

Oh.. Thanks a lot.. i really like tht photo..So, u'll be back in May for a long holiday ya.. But unfortunately, I'm not going back,I cant afford to go back so often as the flight is not cheap.. I'll be back at the end of the year and hope to meet u soon.. I've moved in a rented house instead of staying at hall of residence.. There are 2 ppl joining me staying here and it;s quite fun renting a house out of campus.. I'll blog my experience very soon coz i'm now still waiting for the telephone to be installed.. I'm now using uni computer lab actually.. See u then.. God Luck..