Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Penang.. I'm coming...

Wah, finally,the exams have finished d. After so much of effort being spent before the exam, finally, it's over, Calvin, CS and Isaac are the last to finish the exam (chemistry paper) while I sat for my last Physics paper on Monday. Lots of celebrations have been going on since the finish of the exam for the majority of the students.. Today, there is a celebration and fireworks going on at the New Brighton beach side, I didn't go there as I've addicted to the SimCity game since last night, non-stop, haih.. Should stop now.. The celebration I think is called the Guy Fawkes Night. It's celebrated at the New Brighton Pier. "It's a celebration for the foiling of the Gunpowder Plot of the 5th of November 1605 in which a number of Catholic conspirators, including Guy Fawkes, attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London, England." From wikipedia.. There was a firework display at 9.30pm according to the Christchurch City Council..

Back to Penang, Penang is indeed my favourite place. I kept promoting Penang to my friends here more than M'sia, haha..I've been keeping myself updated on the latest development and high-rise or shopping malls in Penang, below are some latest development in Penang, and some nice Penang skyline photos taken by the members of Skyscrapercity.com:

Penang Times Square Mall(opening early next year, probably in January)





Penang 1st Avenue (just beside Prangin Mall - opening end of next year)


Penang Swettenham Pier (redevelopment project - expected to open next month)


Penang D’PIAZZA mall (next to Mayang Mall,opposite The One Cybercity - opening end of this year)




Some Nice Photos adapted from Skyscrapercity.com, really nice skyline of Penang (fantastic!)











13 days to go...
18th of Nov, I'll be going back to Penang by Air Asia.. and before that, 15th of Nov, haha, " holiday-ing (KS quotation) " at Gold Coast, with my best friends Calvin and David Wong.. I heard from a friend of mine (staying at the same floor of my hall of residence) that Gold Coast during summer is indeed hot and he cant stand it..But he's actually a person who likes cold temperature, after telling him that the temperature in M'sia is about 30 to 35degree of Celcius, he's so surprised and shocked and he really cant stand the hot glaring sun.. Is it very hot in Gold Coast in Summer? But, i think, the weather would not be as hot as the weather in M'sia. And of coz, I'm a Penang-kia and a tropical guy, so, I think I can stand it.. But summer at the Gold Coast beaches would see lots of tourists and people sun-bathing..and for sure, lots of "ang-moh" would flock to the beaches and have their skins burnt before going back home.. The first time in my life going to the beaches in an English country, hopefully the trip would be a memorable and awesome one...

1 comment:

Desmonde d'Crinoline said...

yo...glad to know u r following the development of pg as well! add me in bah! lolz...we shall discuss more bou tit soon...^^