Thursday, April 2, 2009

A piece of remembrance… (Part 1)

It’s been one and a half years since I left INTEC, lots of stuff came across my mind these few days, academic, relationship, engineering practical work stuff, really chocked my brain.. Thinking back the days we might have forgotten, the days where we were still a little junior, struggling hard to achieve what we desire… SPM had once been our most burdening public exam I reckon. Many people told me that SPM or AUSMAT would be the last fully packed courses we need to take before entering university, being an undergraduate overseas seems to be easy as there’ll be no more weird and lame courses like moral, sejarah, any ethics courses or even can ignore cocurriculum activities to graduate. However, after one year of study, it doesn’t look as simple as I’ve thought.. Maybe it’s engineering course which has it’s own ‘professional’ approach of solving problems in the real world. It’s indeed difficult. Attending lectures, doing assignments, writing reports, attending workshops, practical work, writing programming codes and dealing with hard Maths are the typical stuff carried out by an undergraduate, cant get away from them.. Every field of study or engineering type has its own difficulties.. Chemical engineers have to cope with such a lot of reports, almost 3 reports every week and all the reports are long and manipulations and writing out the reports would take so much time. Mechanical engineers have to cope with heaps of assignments and projects and drawings as well, being a ‘copy cat’ I think is a norm among them, but I might be wrong and it’s indeed too much to handle. As an electrical and electronics engineer, I do think that it’s indeed far less stuff to do compared to them, as all of the subjects are whole year papers, the percentage of mark allocated for each test or assignment wouldn’t cost me much but the material takes much time to learn and understand and lots of exercises and practical ‘hands-on’ experiments are needed to fully understand the material taught..

Let’s put the academic stuff aside, here I wanna share with you guys some songs which are pretty familiar to you guys..These are the songs which might be considered as ‘hot songs’ during the life at INTEC. They are my favourites as well..

1) Because I’m a girl – Kiss
This song has been a popular song for quite a long time and it was played almost anywhere in Cendana College.. KISS is a team of Korean singers which consists of Mini, Jini and Umji.. The song was so touching and the video clip of the song was so amazing as well. This song has been dubbed into different versions, Cantonese, Mandarin, Tagalog, English, Hokkien and so on..Below is the video clip as well as the lyric of the songs (Translated):




I just cant understand the hearts of men
they tell you they want you and then they leave you
this is the first time, you're special
I believed those words and I was so happy
You should have told me you didn't like me any more
but I couldn't see that and you just rushed me
although I will curse you I'll still miss you
Because I am a girl, to whom love is everything
i heard that if you give up things too easily
to a man, he will get bored with you
i don't think this is wrong
a girl says that she will never be fooled again
but she will fall in love again
you should have told me you didn't like me any more
but I couldn't see that and you just rushed me
although I will curse you I'll still miss you
Because I am a girl, to whom love is everything
[narration]
Hey babe
the pain
it's not enough to describe how i feel
we were so happy together
but I know now
I've been blind
you told me that you'd never let me down
whenever I needed you you'd always be here
I can forgive but I cant forget
even though you hurt me
I still love you
I still love you
Don't take advantage of a girl's willingness to do anything for love
and her caring instinct
U didn't know that to be born as a girl and to be loved was so hard
Although i will curse you i'll still miss you
Because I am a girl, to whom love is everything
although i will curse you i'll still miss you
Because I am a girl, to whom love is everything
[the guy said]
there is a girl whom I love. Now I can`t stay with her, but I still love her.


2) Don’t Matter - Akon
This song was the first Akon song I listened to. Since then I love this song not because of the lyric, it’s just the music which seems relaxing and it was in the album Konvicted which was released in 2006 if I’m not mistaken.



3) Kenangan Terindah – Samsons
This song was given by Calvin. I’ve been listening to this song played by most of my Malay housemates in Cendana College. This song was once a popular romantic song by an indon Male group called Samsons.. Quite a good song and it has nice lyric. The music is incredibly powerful yet soothing but when it comes to the chorus part, it’s too ‘noisy’, I prefer it to be a song with simple music without too much add-ons..


Aku yang lemah tanpamu
Aku yang rentan karena
cinta yang tlah hilang darimu
yang mampu menyanjungku

Selama mata terbuka
Sampai jantung tak berdetak
selama itu pun
aku mampu tuk mengenangmu

Darimu, kutemukan hidupku
Bagiku, kau lah cinta sejati

Bila yang tertulis untukku
Adalah yang terbaik untukmu
Kan kujadikan kau kenangan
Yang terindah dalam hidupku
Namun takkan mudah bagiku
Meninggalkan jejak hidupku
Yang telah terukir abadi
Sebagai kenangan yang terindah


4) I Believe - Shin Seung Hoon
This song I think all my friends from my batch here will definitely know this unless they didn’t attend the Grand Dinner of AUSMAT.. A song presented by my friend, my ex-housemate to be specific, Kien Seng during that event. To be honest, I’ve been listening to him practicing singing that song with a guitar every day and the song is pretty nice.




5) Heaven Knows
Another fantastic and melodious song I would recommend. This song however, was released I think 16 years before by Rick Price I think:


she's always on my mind,
from the time i wake up
'till i close my eyes
she's everywhere i go
she's all i know

though she's so far away
it's just keeps getting stronger
every day
and even now she's gone
i'm still holding on

so tell me where do i start
'cause it's breaking my heart
don't wanna let her go

chorus:
maybe my love will come back some day
only heaven knows
and maybe our hearts will find their way
only heaven knows
and all i can do is hope and pray
'cause heaven knows

my friends keep telling me
that if you really love her
you've gotta set her free
and if she returns in kind
i'll know she's mine

so tell me where do i start
'cause it's breaking my heart
don't wanna let her go

chorus

why i live in despair
'cause wide awake or dreaming
i know she's never there
and all these time i act so brave
i'm shaking inside
why does it hurt me so...

chorus

heaven knows


6) I think I Love You -Byul
Have you guys watched Full House before? I Think I is one of the songs for the drama. I didn’t watch it, quite a waste as I’ve been told that it was a nice drama, a light hearted drama and it’ll definitely cheer your days up..Correct me if I’m wrong..


7) Where’d you go - Fort Minor ;
8) Truly deeply madly - Savage Garden;
9) Buttons - PCD ft. Snoop Dogg






No comments: